Monday, October 10, 2016

2016 Coffeeneuring no. 1

Visiting my parents in Pasadena Md. - agreeably one of the most bicycle hostile communities in the state.  Ironically, what is arguably one of the best  bicycle trails in the nation runs north-south about 150 yards from Pasadena's west-border.

Instead of doing what most cyclists do in this community - namely - heading wet to the trail, I decided to head southeast towards Maggoty Beach Plaza - in search of a wonderful little bakery I visited once... Sadly, all that's left of the bakery is the sign on the street...

Saddened and disappointed I rode to nearby Dunkin Donuts for a coffee and a donut, thus meeting the letter if not the spirit of Coffeeneuring Rules.

Total distance - about seven miles (including a riding up and down the plaza twice trying to find the bakery).

Suitability of cyclists - absolutely not - streets have no shoulders nor bike lanes, and many drivers appear to be very hostile towards cyclists (including one person who found my presence so annoying they actually accelerated towards me, passing me within two feet while blaring their horn).




No comments:

Post a Comment